Island Peak Imja Tse peak, at a height of 6,160 meters, is more popularly known by the name of Island Peak. The peak was named Island peak by Eric Shipton’s party in 1953, as the peak resembles an island in a sea of ice when viewed form Dingboche. Later in 1983, the peak was renamed as Imja Tse.
The peak was first ascended in 1953 by a British team as preparation for climbing Everest. Tenzing Norgay was one of the members who successfully ascended it.
The peak is part of the south ridge of Lhotse Shar and the main land forms a semicircle of cliffs that rise to the north of the summits of Nuptse, Lhotse, Middle Peak and Lhotse Shar. Cho Polu and Makalu lie to the east of the Island Peak. Baruntse, Amphu and Ama Dablam lie to the south.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Day 02 : Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure & sightseeing, overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Fly to LUKLA (2,834 m) & trek to Phakding (2,611 m), overnight at guesthouse.
Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m), at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 05 : Trek to Khumjung (3,790 m), and back to Namche Bazzar - Lodges
Day 06 : Trek to Tyangboche (3,867 m), at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 07 : Trek to Dingboche (4,343 m), at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 08 : Trek to Chhukung (4,730 m), at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 09 : Trek to Imja Tse (Island) Peak base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : Ascent to Imja Tse (Island) Peak High camp (5,600 m), overnight at tented camp.
Day 11 : Imja Tse (Island) Peak Summit (6,185 m) back to base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 12 : Extra day to summit Imja Tse (Island) Peak peak just incase of bad weather, overnight at tented camp.
Day 13 : Trek to Pangboche (3,901 m), at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 14 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440 m), O/N at Local Tourist Standard Lodges
Day 15 : Trek to Lukla at Lodge
Day 16 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 17 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 18 : Transfer to airport, departure onward destination.
(01) Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
(02) Hotel In Kathmandu : 4 nights in Katmandu 3 star Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
(03) Domestic flight: Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight with personal baggage and 01 Sherpa Guide and necessary Nepalese Local Staff with domestic Airport Tax
(04) Expedition cargo : Extra Member luggage of Climbing equipment handled with care from Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu by domestic airlines.
(05) Transportation: Necessary Transportation in Kathmandu valley Sightseen.
(06) Permit : Mt. Island Peak Permit,National Park & TIMS permit.
(07) Garbage Management : Stool Shipment Transfer, Garbage Deposit fees ( Deposit by Seven Summit Treks)
(08) Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
(09) Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes for cargo clearance
(10) COOK : 1 trekking Cook & and necessary kitchen Helper on the basis of Member
(11) Porter : 01 porter for each member to carry their luggage and necessary porter for camping equipment/
(12) Staff Salary and allowance : All Nepali staffs & porters daily wages/equipment/food/clothing with personal life & Medical Insurance
(13) Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
(14) Member Luggage :30 Kg per member for personal baggage
(15) Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
(16) Tents: Dinning Tent /Kitchen Tent /Toilet Tent /Hot Bag" /Tables & chairs, Cooking Utensils
(17) Light : Necessary light at Dinning and Kitchen tent.
(18) High Altitude Tent: Necessary VE25 Kailash High Tent for Member and High Altitude Sherpa
(19) High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for Member, high food and fixing gear.
(20) Dinner: 01 Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
Price Excludes :
(01) Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & Dinner in Katmandu Hotel stay and more the 5 nights in Kathmandu Hotel
(02) Insurance : Travel and High Altitude Insurance /Accident/Medical/emergency evacuation
(03) Personal Expenses: Telephone,Internate, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages,Personal equipment and shopping
(04) Nepaleses Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 100 days US$ 100)
(05) Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$300 ,pls calculate some tips for porters
(06) Extra porter: If Extra porter needed more then calculate US$ 120 for extra porter up to Base Camp per 30 kgs
(07) High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 Climbing Sherpa for each Member and Climbing Bonus .
Member Personal Equipment
S/No: Particular. Qty
(1) : Summit shoe La Sportiva Batura 1
(2) : Walking/ Trekking boot 1
(3) : Crampon 1
(4) : Summit Glove (Mitten) 1
(5) : Normal gloves 2
(6) : Summit Snow goggles 1
(7) : Glacier glasses 1
(8) : Ice axe 1
(9) : Harness & tapsling 1
(10) : Jumer 1
(11) : Carabiners (normal) 3
(12) : Sleeping bag (-20C) 1
(13) : Mattress 1
(14) : Summit socks 2
(15) : Normal socks 6
(16) : Trekking & Climbing bag (40 ltr) 1
(17) : Down jacket 1
(18) : 8 finger / descender 1
(19) : Headlamp (Icon or Spot) 1
(20) : Gore-tex jacket 1
(21) : Gore-tex trouser 1
(22) : Fleece jacket 1
(23) : Fleece trouser 1
(24) : Fleece liner gloves 1
(25) : Screw Gate Carabiner 1
(26) : Balaclava (windstopper) 1
(27) : Thermos bottle 1
(28) : Base layer (woolen) 1 (set)
(29) : Water bottle normal 1
(30) : Sun cream 30spf
(31) : Leap Gurd 15spf
(32) : Swise Knife 1
Climbing Gears wich is Company will manage for the team
(1) : Ice crews 1
(2) : Fix rope
(3) : snow bars
(4) : EPI gas
(5) : Rock piton
(6) : Carabiners (normal)
(7) : High tent
(8) : Summit rope
(9) : Cooking pot
(10) : Snow shovel
(12) : ce hammer / adge (set)
(13) : Member high food
(14) : Emergency Oxygen bottle and Mask & regulator
(16) : Quick Draws