The Makalu Base Camp Trek begins from Tumlingtar of mid-eastern Nepal, an hour's flight from Kathmandu. The real walking starts from Num, a 5-hour's drive from Tumlingtar. Following the beautiful Barun river valley in the Makalu Barun National Park, we cross various high passes such as Shipton La, Keke La and lakes such as Kalopokhari etc. While trekking, we rise from lowland of Tumlingtar on the Arun River to one of the highest Base Camps on earth, the Makalu Base Camp at 5000m. While on the way to the Makalu Base Camp, you will enjoy the views of the highest mountains such as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Chamlang, Mt. Baruntse and other Himalayan mountains along with Makalu (8481m) itself.
Makalu Trekking Itinerart
(Day 01): Pickup from Airport to Hotel
(Day 02): shoping and preparation day
(Day 03): Flight Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Khadabari (1280 m)
(Day 04): Khadabari Drive to Num (1560 m)
(Day 05): Trek Num to Sheduwa (1500m)
(Day 06): Trek Sheduwa to Tashi Goun (2100m)
(Day 07): Trek Tashi Goun to Khongma la (3760m)
(Day 08): Trek Khongma to Mumbuk (3520m)
(Day 09): Trek Mumbuk to Nebe Kharka (4320 m)
(Day 10): Trek Nehe Kharka to Makalu BC
(Day 11): Rest day at BC
(Day 12): Makalu Base Camp to ABC Hiking and back to BC
(Day 13): Trek BC to Yangle Kharka
(Day 14): Trek Yangle kharka to Khongma la
(Day 15): Trek Khongma la to Seduwa bazzar
(Day 16): Trek Seduwa to Num
(Day 17): Drive to Tumlingtar
(Day 18): Flight Tumlingtar to Kathmandu
(Day 19): Free Day In Kathmandu
(Day 20): Final Departure to your country
1. Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
4. Permit: All necessary paper works: Makalu Barun National Park permit, TIMS , permit & entry fee.
5. Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek.
6. Trekking Map: Makalu Region Trekking map
7. Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Tumlingtar and while returning Tumlingtar - Kathmandu, with Guide as per itinerary.
- Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Guide From Kathmandu to Tumlingtar (by air cargo) and during the trek by Porters – While returning: Base camp to Tumlingtar (by porters) and Tumlingtar to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
8. Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
9. Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
10. Drinking: Fresh juice and 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member
11. Guide: Local government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
12. Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
13. Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
14. Valley Sight seeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
15. Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from your own country to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
1: Down Jacket -20 Degree 1 piece
2: Gore-tex Jacket 1 piece
3: Fleece Jacket 2 piece
4: Gore-tex pant 1 piece
5: fleece trouser 1 piece
6: Quake dry trekking and hikking pants 2 piece
7: Trekking Boot 1 pair
8: hikking shoes 1 pair
9: Trekking shocks 3 pairs
10: hikking light shocks 3 pairs
11: fleece gloves 2 pairs
12: trekking poles 1 pair
13: watter bottle 1 piece
14: warm hat 1 piece
15: suncap 1 piece
16: Warm T-shit and hi-necks 3 pieces
17: suns cream 30spf
18: leap guard 15-30spf