Everest base camp trek is a great introductory lodge trek that offer sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people. After exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu we take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Khumbu Sherpas, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to enjoy the area. We then follow the trail to famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a magnificent 360-degree panorama awaits. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location – surely one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.
While passing Buddhist monasteries views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both, Everest base camp and Kala Patar (5555m), a viewpoint recognised as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest which is a premier goal for many adventurous walkers in the Himalaya. After trekking to base camp and Kalapattar we return at our leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for our return flight to Kathmandu.For the more adventurous trekkers you have the option of returning over the Cho La pass to the Gokyo valley, and then ascending Gokyo Ri. Or if you are really fit, you can attempt the summit of Island Peak.
Day 01- Pick up from Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 02- Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03- Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2610 m)
Day 04- Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3441 m.
Day 05- Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day ( Rest Day).
Day 06- Namche to Tengboche Monastery 3860 m.
Day 07- Tengboche Monastery to Dingboche 4350 m.
Day 08- Day trip to Chhukung valley 4710 m and trek back to Dingboche.
Day 09- Dingboche to Lobuche 4910 m.
Day 10- Lobuche to Everest Base Camp 5365 m then back to GorakShep.
Day 11- Hike up to Kalapattar 5550 m early in the morning then trek down to Feruche 4200 m.
Day 12- Trek to Namche Bazaar 3441 m
Day 13- Trek to Lukla 2804 m.
Day 14- Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning.
Day 15- Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
Day 16- Departure to international airport and back to home.
1. Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
4. Permit: All necessary paper works: Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS permit & conservation entry fee.
5. Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek.
6. Trekking Map: Everest Region Trekking map
7. Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, with Guide as per itinerary.
- Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Guide From Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and during the trek by Porters – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
8. Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
9. Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
10. Drinking: Fresh juice and 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member
11. Guide: Local government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
12. Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
13. Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
14. Valley Sight seeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
15. Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from your own country to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
1: Down Jacket -20 Degree 1 piece
2: Gore-tex Jacket 1 piece
3: Fleece Jacket 2 piece
4: Gore-tex pant 1 piece
5: fleece trouser 1 piece
6: Quake dry trekking and hikking pants 2 piece
7: Trekking Boot 1 pair
8: hikking shoes 1 pair
9: Trekking shocks 3 pairs
10: hikking light shocks 3 pairs
11: fleece gloves 2 pairs
12: trekking poles 1 pair
13: watter bottle 1 piece
14: warm hat 1 piece
15: suncap 1 piece
16: Warm T-shit and hi-necks 3 pieces
17: suns cream 30spf
18: leap guard 15-30spf