Mount Tilicho Peak is towers at the height of 7,134m. Mountaineers rate this as a technical climb, and not so easy. There are two ways to reach up to Base Camp. Tilicho Peak expedition starts up with a drive Khudi followed by several days trekking to the Tilicho Base Camp via Manang and Khansar Village as well as another way is a short mountain flight from Pokhara brought us to the dry and dusty hill town of Jomsom as well as start from Beni Bazaar to Jomsom.
From here we proceed east and north to cross the high and very difficult Mesokanto Pass at an altitude of 5300m. At the top of the pass we managed to locate some marine fossils (shells) which testify to the fact that the Himalayas was once beneath the sea. We choose the first idea as this allows enough time for acclimatization and less difficulties for taking all the logistics. The views on the routes are breath taking; anything that can surpass your imagination. What you see is Tilicho Peak and the azure and peaceful Tilicho Lake below. It is a glacial lake and unfriendly to marine life. People say they often find marine fossils (shells) that probably support the fact that the Himalayas were once beneath the sea.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu free.
Day 03: Preparation for Expedition & briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 04: Drive to Khudi and walk up to Bhul Bhule 792m.& Overnight.
Day 05: Besi Shahar – Nagdi.
Day 06: Nagdi – Jagat 1314m.
Day 07: Jagat – Dharapani 1943m.
Day 08: Dharapani – Chame 2713m.
Day 09: Chame – Pisang 3185m.
Day 10: Pisang – Manang 3351m.
Day 11: Manang – Gompa (after Khansar).
Day 12: Gompa (after Khansar) – Tilicho Lake Base Camp.
Day 13: Tilicho Lake Base Camp – Above Lake Camp (way to Mesokanto Pass)
Day 14: Way to Mesokanto Pass – Tilicho Peak Base Camp 4400m.
Day 15 – 30: Climbing Period of Tilicho Peak 7135m.
Day 31: Clean up BC then trek to and backpack.
Day 32: Tilicho Peak Base Camp – Mesokanto Pass (5315m.) – Nama Phu Kharka.
Day 33: Nama Phu Kharka – Jomsom.
Day 34: Jomsom Rest days and acclimatization.
Day 35: Jomsom – Pokhara by flight then transfer to Hotel.
Day 36: Pokhara – Kathmandu by tourist Bus then transfers to Hotel.
Day 37: Kathmandu free.
Day 38: Last minute, transfer to airport for onward journey.
(01) Arrival & Departure : Airport transfers-Airport/Hotel/Airport
(02) Hotel In Kathmandu : 4 nights in Katmandu 3 star Hotel on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room
(03) Domestic Transport : Kathmandu- Beshisahar-Kathmandu to all the member and 01 guide and necessary nepalese staff with personal baggage.
(04) Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Member and Staffs From Kathmandu-Beshisahar (by bus) –Base camp(by Porters)- Beshisahar (by porters)- Kathmandu(by bus)
(05) Permit : Mt.Tilicho expedition permit , National park & TIMS permit.
(06) Garbage Management :Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees
(07) Lodging & Fooding : Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base camp for member & Staffs
(08) Cargo Clearance : International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes
(09) Liaison Officer : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary ,accommodation .
(10) Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen Helper
(11) Porter : Porters per member up to Base camp & Porters return from Base camp
(12) Staff Salary and allowance : All Nepali staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing
(13) Insurance : All Staffs Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance
(14) Member Luggage :60 Kg per member for personal baggage
(15) Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
(16) Base Base equipment : Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
(17) Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
(18) Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
(19) Dinner: one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff
(01-19) Base Camp Service
(20) Oxygen(O2):-Poisk oxygen cylinder bottle for each member and 01 oxygen cylinder for each high altitude Sherpa.
(21) Mask & Regulator : 1 Set of top Out Mask & Regulator for each member and High altitude Climbing Sherpa.
(22) Permit : Satellite Phone /walkie talkie Phone if necessary in basis of demand of Member
(23) High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 Climbing Sherpa per member and Climbing Bonus
(24) High camp service : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, , high altitude tent, high food and fixing gear (C1),(C2)& (C3)
(01-24) - Full Board Service
(01) Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in Katmandu Hotel stay and more the 4 nights in Kathmandu Hotel
(02) Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
(03) Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
(04) Nepal\'s Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100)
(05) Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$500 , please calculate some tips
(06) Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses
Member personal equipment
S/No Particular Qty
(1) Down suits (dangri) 1
(2) Summit shoe 1
(3) Walking shoe 1
(4) Crampon 1
(5) Summit Glove (Mitten) 1
(6) Normal gloves 2
(7) Summit Snow goggles 1
(8) Glacier glasses 1
(9) Ice axe 1
(10) Harness 1
(11) jumer 1
(12) Carabiners (normal) 3
(13) Sleeping bag (-40C) 1
(14) Down filled Mattress 1
(15) Summit socks 2
(16) Normal socks 3
(17) Climbing bag (40 ltr) 1
(18) Helmet 1
(19) Down jacket 1
(20) Down trouser 1
(21) 8 finger / descender 1
(22) Headlamp (Icon or Spot) 1
(23) Gore-tex jacket 1
(24) Gore-tex trouser 1
(25) Fleece jacket 1
(26) Fleece trouser 1
(27) Fleece liner gloves 3
(28) Screw Gate Carabiner 1
(29) Balaclava (windstopper) 1
(30) Thermos bottle 1
(31) Base layer (woolen) 2 (set)
(32) Water bottle normal 1
(1) Ice crews
(2) Fix rope
(3) snow bars
(4) EPI gas
(5) Rock piton
(6) Carabiners (normal)
(7) High tent
(8) Summit rope
(9) Cooking pot
(10) Snow shovel
(12) Ice hammer / adge (set)
(13) Member high food
(15) Mask & regulator
(16) Quick Draws